1. Check-in. Your accommodation will be available to you from 2pm (or 3pm in certain cases, as indicated in your confirmation message) on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. Your hosts may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive earlier. If you chose not to take advantage of the airport transfer service, you are kindly requested to let us know at what time you expect to arrive to your accommodation: your hosts will then await you at the appointed time. If any change occurs, you are kindly invited to give them a call in order to arrange a new arrival time. Otherwise, your hosts may not be on-site for your arrival.
2. Check-out. Please be ready to leave the accommodation by 12 noon on the day of departure.
3. Payment. Payment for the total invoice amount is made in cash on arrival at your first accommodation. Non-payment of the total invoice amount will result in the cancellation of any reserved services. Credit cards are unfortunately not accepted.
4. Payment. Payment for the total invoice amount is made cash on arrival at your first accommodation. Non-payment of the total invoice amount results in the cancellation of the unpaid services. Credit cards are unfortunately not accepted.
5. Airport transfer. Being private residences, our Bed & Breakfasts are more difficult to access than hotels. This is why we offer an airport transfer service. The transfer service is available night and day. When choosing to take advantage of this service, you are kindly requested to provide us with your flight details (time of arrival, airline company, flight number). Your driver will be waiting for you in the arrivals hall of Beirut International Rafic Hariri Airport and will be holding a sign with your last name.
6. “Hospitality” vs. “Service”. Your hosts welcome you as they would welcome their friends, and attach great importance to offering you the best of Lebanese hospitality. It is nevertheless important to keep in mind that your hosts are there to welcome their guests, but not to serve them. At L’Hôte Libanais, we prefer the idea “hospitality” over that of “service” and count on the good manners of the guests to appreciate their hosts’ hospitality without abusing it.
7. Breakfast. Breakfast is included in the tariff. It is generally offered between 7am and 10am (in case a different time is applicable in a specific accommodation, this will be communicated to you at that accommodation).
8. Additional Meals. Some of the hosts also offer additional meals such as lunch or dinner. Rates per person for an additional meal is vary, depending on the accommodation and the contents of the meal itself. Our Bed & Breakfasts being private homes and not hotels, please bear in mind that it is sometimes not possible to have lunch or dinner at the accommodation. In these cases, do not hesitate to ask your hosts for advice on nearby restaurants and snack options.
9. Water. Water is a precious resource that one should refrain from wasting. This is especially important in the Middle East and in Lebanon in particular, where water supplies are sometimes very restricted. We ask you kindly to help us preserve this common good.
10. Cleaning. Your room/accommodation is cleaned once every three days. If you do not wish the cleaning service to take place, please communicate your request to your hosts.
11. Lavatories. Please use the provided wastebaskets in the lavatories to dispose of any sanitary napkins or other hygienic products, rather than flushing them.
12. Air conditioning. If your room has air conditioning, please take care to leave it turned off when you are not in the room.
13. Children. Most of your hosts welcome children of all ages. Certain hosts may only accept children over a certain age. Please get in touch with us regarding the minimum child age at some of the properties on offer.
14. Pets. Most of your hosts usually do not allow pets on their property. Exceptionally well-behaved pets are permitted by prior arrangement. Please feel free to contact us in regards to this matter ahead of time.
15. Room access. Room access is only granted to the people included in the reservation. If you wish to receive a guest in the residence’s living area, please arrange this visit in advance with your host.
16. Kitchen access. Craving a coffee or a tea? Ask your host to show you where to find the necessary utensils and how to use them. Certain hosts may wish to reserve the kitchen for their own private use. In this case, you will not be able to use it. In general, excluding the instance of a kitchenette available in your accommodation, cooking in the Bed & Breakfasts is not possible.
17. Cancellation policy. There will be no penalty fees charged for cancellations that take place more than 15 days from the check-in date, date of the experience or the date of the taxi journey. The full sum of the reservation will be due in case of a cancellation 15 days or less from the check-in date, date of the experience or the date of the taxi journey or in the case of a no-show.
18. Refund and return policy. Payment will be reimbursed in full if the cancellation request takes place more than 15 days before the check-in date, date of the experience or the date of the taxi journey. There will be no refunds for cancellations less than 15 days from the check-in date, date of the experience or the date of the taxi journey or in the case of a no-show. Our “Shammet Hawa” gift cards are non-refundable.
19. Non-Availability of accommodation. We would only cancel your reservation if your accommodation were unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would, however, attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this is not possible or unacceptable to you, then we will refund any fees paid by you for the accommodation. Our liability does not extend beyond this refund.
20. Damages and breakages. Please take care when staying at your hosts’ properties. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages caused by you to the accommodation or its contents. All we ask is that you report any incidents as they occur. Your hosts will not normally charge for minor breakages, but they may send you an invoice for repairs or reimbursement if the damage or breakage is significant.
21. Liability. Neither L’HOTE LIBANAIS nor your hosts accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions unless proven to be caused by a negligent act committed by ourselves, your hosts or contractors whilst in the course of employment.
22. Contact us. Whether you’re preparing a trip to Lebanon or looking for additional information, we are here to answer any questions you may have, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by email at email@example.com or telephone at +961 3 513766. Please note that we do not accept reservations by telephone.